Join Catherine Mattice Zundel for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of How to Handle Workplace Bullying.
- Before we get started, I wanted to address one thing. This course is for organization leaders. If you are a manager or supervisor, an ombudsperson, in human resources in any capacity, the CEO, or any kind of leader, then this course is for you. No matter what level you are in the organization, you can implement most, if not all, of the tools I will provide. If you are a CEO, certainly you could implement them company-wide. If you're a manager, you can implement them within your own department.
She defines the key differences between conflict, harassment, and bullying, and helps you assess the prevalence of bullying in your organization. You'll learn the importance of stepping in to stop it, and coaching those identified as bullies. Catherine also highlights the role leadership plays in exemplifying the right behavior and being transparent about supporting a healthy workplace. To create a positive workplace that's free from bullying, she suggests a healthy workplace corporate policy, tying positive behavior to corporate values, ongoing training, and the use of performance management.
- Bullying vs. harassment vs. conflict
- The costs of workplace bullying
- Assessing the prevalence of bullying in your organization
- Stepping in to stop bullying
- Implementing a corporate policy
- Implementing training programs
- Leading a culture change initiative to effectively prevent bullying