Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Note-Taking for Business Professionals.
- Here's what you should know before watching this course. This course assumes that you're working in a professional environment where you occasionally have to take notes. We'll go over a variety of situations where note taking can help you become more productive at work. So overall, there are no other prerequisites for this course other than the desire to improve your note taking abilities. So let's go ahead and begin.
Author Paul Nowak also explores techniques for taking notes more quickly, including capturing ideas rather than sentences, improving typing speed, and using simple shorthand. The course also offers a number of note-taking templates to help prepare for project planning, SWOT meetings, timelines, business travel, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Exploring the keys to active listening
- Focusing on the ideas
- Capturing an action plan
- Taking notes while reading
- Creating to-do lists, project plans, and meeting notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Effective Note-Taking Strategies
2. Taking Note of What You Read
3. Note-Taking Templates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.