When our company makes a mistake, it's important that we apologize. But just as important is what we say next. In this video, see what to write after we apologize.
- You received an email from one of your customers…about a legitimate problem…and you've written a sincere apology.…That's great, but the I'm sorry may not be…all you need to say.…What you write after the apology can be just as important…as the apology itself.…You can explain why the problem happened,…or you might want to explain what you're going to do…to fix the problem, or it might be best to explain…what the customer can do if this happens again.…
Use any one or a combination of these explanations…in your reply.…Let's look at an example.…A customer has written your company an angry email…because she was locked out of her online account.…No matter what she tried she couldn't log in.…And why was she locked out?…Because your system had a day long glitch…and all your customers were unable to log in.…It was a nightmare, but now it's fixed.…In this situation you'll definitely have to write…a sentence or two of sincere apology,…then choose which of the three approaches…is best suited to the situation.…
Explain why the problem happened,…
- Determine what to include in an email response to a customer.
- Name three statements that should be included in an apology letter.
- List three ways to demonstrate sincerity in a customer service email.
- Identify the best way to evaluate and improve customer service emails.
- Apply techniques learned in the course to rewrite current templates.
- Examine emails for spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.