A contract of some type or another governs nearly all human interaction. It is an offer for something and the rules for when things go south. What are the common types of contracts in the industry? In this movie, author Seth Polansky explains what different types of contracts you may run into as a creative.
- I'd like to introduce you to some of the most common…contract types you're likely to encounter as a creative.…And, by extension, some of the common terminology…and legalese you'll have to deal with.…The most common types of contracts in the industry are…Non-Disclosure Agreements.…These are agreements to keep things confidential.…Work for Hire agreements.…Exactly what they seem: You do work you're hired to do.…Contractor agreements.…You contract for a service or product.…License agreements.…A contract to exploit the work of another.…
Proposals, quotes, and statements of work.…Documents that are supplementary to formal contracts.…Distribution contracts.…Contracts to disseminate a product.…Agency and representation agreements.…Contracts that engage the services of an agent.…We'll dig much deeper into the most prevalent…of these agreements and subsequent sections…However, the first five, NDAs, work for hire, contractor,…license and proposals will be our primary focus.…You're also going to hear a lot of unfamiliar terms…
AuthorSeth C. Polansky
Disclaimer: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Why do you need a contract?
- Types of contracts
- Asking for an NDA
- Work-for-hire and contractor agreements
- Proposals, quotes, and statements of work
- Licensing agreements
- Delivery and payment terms
Skill Level Intermediate
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Contracts
2. Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
3. Work-for-Hire and Contractor Agreements
4. Proposals, Quotes, and Statements of Work (SOW)
5. Licensing Agreements
6. The Most Important Parts of Any Contract
7. Additional Resources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.