Social selling provides you with powerful tools to help you do your job better. In this course, learn the tricks of the trade in social selling.
- Sales is not an easy job. I remember when I first joined LinkedIn in 2007 and my territory was the entire West Coast. Like many sales people, I had to figure everything out. Which verticals to tackle, how to prioritize my time when the potential was basically limitless. I spent so much time prioritizing and reprioritizing, asking people I knew to connect me with their networks, and so much more. There are the familiar challenges, not knowing where to start, not being able to get to the decision maker, and losing touch with prospects, to having trouble establishing credibility with many obstacles in between.
In the last 10 years, the internet and the rise of social networks has changed the relationship between buyers and sellers. In many cases, this has made those familiar challenges even harder, but it also brings new opportunities for the modern sales professional. Today we're talking about social selling, a modern approach to sales that uses information from social networks to grow your business. All of the information made available through the internet and social networks about individuals and their relationships has made it possible for you to target, to understand, and to engage with your prospects in ways that would not have been possible 10 years ago.
I think one of the best ways to highlight how social selling has changed the sales profession is just sharing how I spend my time. I spent the majority of time early in my career doing cold outreach, dialing for dollars, or smiling and dialing, whatever you want to call it. And now, I spend the majority of my time getting personal introductions, finding the exact right prospect, and working to understand them before I reach out. I get to spend a lot more of my time building relationships which is what I love, and that's why I'm so excited to walk you through what it takes to get off the ground with social selling.
This course is for anyone in sales in the broader sales profession that is ready for a new approach to sales. If you're frustrated with conventional sales tactics, struggling to hit your quota, or if you've been doing the same things year after year and just looking to up your game, you'll find this course a breath of fresh air. There are several fundamental social selling principles that you'll learn in this course. And once you understand and begin to implement them, you'll be better positioned for success in ways that feel more personal and authentic for you, and most importantly, for your buyer.
- Crafting a customer-centric profile
- Creating a professional brand that expands your reach
- Identifying your ideal prospects
- Understanding what your buyer values
- Knowing when a prospect is ready to buy
- Engaging with personalized outreach
- Asking for an introduction
- Measuring social selling success