Managers are the single most important factor in employee engagement. Learn what your managers need from you to be happy and productive. Plus, see why it's critical you limit management turnover.
- Have you noticed that companies think nothing…of spending money on improving their products and services,…and think twice when it comes to investing in people?…I have and so have a host of others.…This never quite made sense to me,…especially today when companies are desperately trying…to attract and retain talent.…Managers in your workplace are the single most important…factor in employee engagement, employee motivation,…and building a productive workplace.…And when you hire great managers,…the last thing you want to receive from them…is their letter of resignation.…
I was fortunate that early on in my career,…my company invested in my development.…They gave me a coach, provided me with resources…to attend seminars and conferences…that helped me grow as a leader, and paid for my MBA.…I remained in this company's employ for six years.…And even though I could've made a lot more money elsewhere,…I stayed because they invested in me.…Things aren't all that different today…when it comes to what managers seek from their employers,…
- What makes a manager effective?
- What managers seek from their employers
- Coaching versus mentoring
- Determining whether to use internal or external resources
- Helping managers take control of their learning
- Creating a management training strategy
- Measuring the effectiveness of your program
- Avoiding common management development mistakes