Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video What is leadership?, part of Leadership Fundamentals.
Leadership is actually a process, not a position.…You don't have to hold a formal leadership role to be a leader.…Good leadership is the use of key skills and practices correctly applied at the…right time to help the organization reach its highest potential.…The good news is that leadership skills can be learned and improved.…Throughout this course, we'll explore specific strategies for honing your…leadership. There's a range of key leadership skills…and practices but they fall mainly into four clusters of competencies.…Self-awareness, building relationships, business acumen and organizational…strategy. The entire set of skills rests on the…bedrock of your integrity. None of the rest mean anything, if you're…not a person who can be trusted to honor your values and behave ethically.…
In leadership, reputation really is everything.…The first cluster is self-awareness, which is knowing yourself, including your…strengths and weaknesses, as well as how others perceive you.…Consider self-awareness as the foundational skill upon which you'll build…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.