This video will disclose the characteristics of a bold, risk-taking leader, and how risk-taking is as much learned as it is born.
- In my work, I have conducted research…with some of the world's leading innovators and developed…a profile, the characteristics, of what made them…such admired inventors.…At the heart of their risk taking,…these risk takers, they refuse to accept the status quo.…They are in touch with a much greater purpose in life.…They focus on products, services, and ideas…that emphasize value creation above all else.…They value talented people and understand how and when…to collaborate with them.…
They are effective to execute an idea and to innovation,…whether they do it themselves or delegate to a…small team of others.…They can scale their innovation to a level that…can affect many.…And more specifically, I found that many of these…risk takers share seven core attributes.…Number one.…They generally have a lower level of fear…than most people or even an absence of fear.…Dopamine helps control motor skills and drives…individuals to seek out and learn new things,…as well as process certain emotions such as…anxiety, fear, and excitement.…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- Define risk.
- Identify leadership characteristics that facilitate risk-taking.
- Explain how to grow risk-taking abilities.
- Assess your organization's risk tolerance.
- Define organizational risk-takers.
- Identify knowledge gaps that could benefit from risk.
- Articulate risk benefits.
- Create the right environment for risk.