Join Jeff Toister for an in-depth discussion in this video What to know before watching this course, part of Managing a Customer Service Team.
- I'd like to share a few things to help you get the most out of this course. The primary purpose of this course is to show customer service leaders how to elevate their team's performance, however, anyone interested in customer service may benefit from learning these concepts. The course focuses on skills that are unique to leading customer service teams. Of course, there are other skills that any customer service leader will find useful. For front line customer service skills, I encourage you to view the Customer Service Fundamentals course on Lynda.com. For more general leadership topics, I encourage you to check out other Lynda.com courses on hiring, coaching, and motivating teams.
Many of the videos in this course contain specific activities to help you build your knowledge and skills. Whenever possible, I encourage you to apply these activities with your customer service team. To help you complete these activities, I've included exercise files that are available for all Lynda.com members to use. The exercise files include templates and resources that I'll reference throughout the course. One of those exercise files is a learning plan worksheet. You can use it to identify your own goals for the training program and then track your progress.
The exercise files also contain a reference guide that lists books, websites, and other resources that can help expand your knowledge of managing customer service teams even further.
- Define clearly what constitutes outstanding customer service for employees.
- Formulate specific customer service goals.
- Evaluating quality customer service.
- Determine how you can institute quality service.
- Identifying obstacles to outstanding customer service.
- Integrate resources to optimize service delivery.
- Estimate the cost of poor customer service to the business.
- Recognize positive ways to elevate customer service.