Make your job fit your life. Find out how to request a more flexible schedule or find a new job that offers flexible work.
- Raise your hand if you love commuting to work. How about being stuck in an office every day? Anyone? Probably not. Whether it's working from home, having a more flexible schedule, reducing your hours to part-time, or freelancing, this LinkedIn learning course will teach you the specific actions you can take to break out of that traditional 9:00 to 5:00 office job and build a career that fits your life through flexible work. My name is Brie Reynolds.
I have been a career advisor for almost 15 years, and I've been working remotely for nine years. And with my second one on the way, that flexibility means a lot. Every key job market indicator shows that more people are working in legitimate and professional, flexible jobs than ever before. And more companies are offering this type of work. So, how can you find a job that better-fits your life? Let's explore this together through my LinkedIn Learning course on building a flexible career.
- Recognize how common flexible jobs are in the economy.
- Identify what area is leading the economy in flexible jobs.
- Recall what you should do before talking with your manager about flexible work opportunities.
- Explain the problem with using the key phrase “work from home” when searching for jobs online.
- Identify when during the interview process you should explore the possibility of flexible work.