Ready to find your next job? Learn how to prepare yourself for today's job market and land a gig that you'll love.
- It used to be that we'd find a job and then stay in that job for a long time. Today we're switching jobs every few years, sometimes by choice and sometimes not. So adopting the mindset always be job hunting is the number one thing I tell people. Whether you're happy where you are, passively looking, or need something new yesterday, it's only to your benefit to know what's going on in the job market. And that's what we're going to do in this course, get you prepared to find a job that fits your skills and more importantly, one that makes you happy.
Hi, I'm Jolie Miller, and in addition to heading Business Content at LinkedIn Learning, my passion is helping people advance their careers. This is what I'd do even if I didn't get paid for it. In this course, we'll take a look at how you can write a compelling resume and cover letter that cut through the noise. We'll also discuss tips for unique situations, like layoffs or coming back to work after a hiatus, and the best ways to tailor your branding to each employer, so you can set yourself apart. Plus, I'll show you how to sharpen your interview skills, negotiate an offer you're proud of, and prepare for day one at your new gig.
So let's get started.
Looking for study partners?Join the Interview Tips study group
Ready to find your next job? Learn how to prepare yourself for today's job market and land a gig that you'll love. Jolie Miller shows how to create a great job hunting plan that connects you with opportunities that mesh with your interests and goals. Jolie explains how to present yourself to employers in the best light with a well-designed LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter. She explores how to tailor your experience for each job and for any special situations, such as layoffs, reentering the workforce, or switching roles or industries. Plus, she shares quick tips that can help you make a great first—and lasting—impression in your interviews, negotiate an offer you're proud of, and prepare for your first day at your new job.
- Setting job hunting objectives
- Writing a compelling resume and cover letter
- Tailoring your approach
- Finding the right jobs
- Reentering the workforce
- Identifying which of your skills are transferable
- Excelling in a phone or video interview
- Negotiating a job offer