Get an overview of strategic workforce planning (SWP). Learn why SWP is critical to the success of an organization and how HR professionals can craft an effective plan.
- Did you know that 10000 experienced leaders of the baby boomer generation retire everyday? Would it surprise you to know that only about half of public and private corporations have CEO succession plans in place and that even fewer organizations have a plan to make the best use of their high potential and high performing employees? Having the right talent in the right place at the right time is the key to success in business, especially when it comes to upper management, and SWP is the way to do it.
Hi, I'm Wayne Cassio, I'm a management professor, author, and trusted advisor to many organizations. In this course, I'll explain why strategic workforce planning is important and necessary and how to get started. We'll talk about environmental standing and how to forecast workforce demand. We'll discuss succession planning in corporations and in small businesses. And I'll explain how to manage SWP on a global scale. Whether you are part of a brand new startup or a multi-national enterprise, every topic we cover in this course will include practical steps that you can take to make the very best use of your talent.
Wayne reviews what SWP is and how it delivers value to companies large and small. He steps through how to build a talent inventory, forecast the internal and external supply of labor, and approach succession planning. Plus, he explains how to tackle global talent management effectively.
- What is strategic workforce planning (SWP)?
- How does SWP deliver value?
- Building a talent inventory
- Forecasting the internal and external workforce supply
- Succession planning
- Evaluating the usefulness of SWP systems
- Who owns talent development?