Thinking about changing careers? Learn how to make a career change that leads to greater job satisfaction and professional growth.
- Have you ever been lost, or have you ever lost track of your direction and didn't know where you were? How did that make you feel? Were you anxious? Were you frustrated? These may be some of the emotions that are stirred up when thinking about making a career change. If you've joined me for this career change course, there's a reason. It might very possibly be that you know where you are in your career but are having trouble figuring out how to make the change you think you need. Hi, I'm Stacey Gordon, and if you are one of the many people who is in a job you know with all certainty you don't want to be in, but you have absolutely no idea what it is you want to do instead, then you, too, are indeed lost.
Or maybe you thought you knew where you wanted to go, but haven't ended up where you intended to be and are wondering how in the world you got here. In this course I'll provide you with a roadmap or a GPS to help you navigate your personal path to a career change that fits you. I'll also put your mind at ease if you don't know what your destination is just yet. It's okay to not necessarily know your why, but by the end of this course you may feel better equipped to identify it. If you're ready to begin there's no time like the present.
- Recognize what you can do to become ready to transition into a new career.
- Explain what you could do if you know what job you want but just aren’t sure you meet the qualifications to obtain it.
- Recall what it requires to get on the right path if you are sure you’re in the wrong career.
- Recognize how feedback can help you with your decision to change your career.
- Identify what internal networking at your current job has to do with making a career change and leaving that job.