Learn how to build an effective performance management system that drives employee performance and behavior for organizational success.
- Performance management. It's a phrase we throw around all the time in HR, but what is it exactly? A performance management system is anything and everything that drives employee performance and behavior. Because the way employees conduct themselves at work drives organizational performance and success. If you're new to HR or in a small business, you may have just pulled a few documents from the internet to create your performance system.
You've got your evaluations and your forms for writing up employees. But your system can be so much more than that. I'm Catherine Mattice Zundel, and I've been in HR for over a decade. As a consultant, I work with organizations to help them create positive work environments, and of course much of that includes revising performance systems to fit with the new culture and ensure managers are driving behavior and performance in the right direction. In this course you'll learn a simple model for a performance management process, steps to creating a system, and several best practices to ensure your system is a success.
This will be way more fun than trolling the internet for disciplinary forms to download. You'll get to learn how to tie your performance management system to culture and really and truly drive performance and employee behavior. Let's get started.
- Benefits of a performance management system
- Components of successful performance management systems
- Setting expectations
- Developing a unique performance appraisal process
- Training managers
- Incorporating company values
- Documenting performance evaluations