Prepare to take the Human Resource Management Certified Professional® (SHRM-CP) exam. This course was designed to help you understand what to expect on test day, and prepare you to be successful on the exam.
- Congratulations on your decision to explore human resources certification. Obtaining HR certification is an important step in an HR professional's career. Becoming certified demonstrates mastery of HR competencies and is very attractive to potential employers. Just Google HR jobs and you'll see many postings that indicate HR certification as one of the preferred qualifications. Hi, I'm Joanne Walters, and I have been a certified HR professional for most of my HR career.
I've also co-authored books on prepping for various HR certification exams and given a TEDx talk on workplace bullying, which is a dilemma many HR professionals have to manage in their work. I entered the HR profession after years in financial services, information technology, and education, because I wanted to make a direct impact on how people felt about their work environment. If you are motivated by being of service to others and want to see employees treated fairly, the HR profession is right for you.
Adding an HR certification to your passion for justice and equity shows employers that you are committed to your long-term growth and development in this space. This course will provide you with the foundation you need to begin studying and passing your Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional Certification Exam.
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by SHRM®.
- Name the four categories of leadership theories.
- Explain the difference between hard negotiators and principle negotiators.
- Define “global mindset.”
- Identify an organic approach to change.
- List the three knowledge domains.
- Recall the functional areas of the organization domain.