Develop exceptional managers who can lead with confidence. Learn leadership training techniques and strategies that can help first-time managers and experienced managers alike.
- In a recent survey, workers were asked what they wished they could change about their manager. The second most popular answer was to have their manager quit. I'm here to make sure your employees aren't thinking the same thing. We all want our employees to have the opportunity to work with great leaders. We also know that great leaders aren't always born that way. Most managers need help to become what I call a magnetic leader. These are the kinds of leaders who easily attract and retain talent.
I'm Roberta Matuson and I'm known globally as the talent maximizer, for the work that I do with organizations to help them optimize their workforce. I'm also a four-time author, whose latest book is called, The Magnetic Leader, and a keynote speaker, executive coach and blogger for Forbes and Glassdoor. In this course, we'll start with a discussion on what exactly makes a manager effective. I'll then share with you some ideas on how to put together a powerful management training strategy.
Included will be a discussion on how to properly prepare first-time managers, as well as experienced leaders. I'll also cover how to assess your current management development program to ensure you're getting the exact results you're hoping to achieve. So let's get started!
- What makes a manager effective?
- What managers seek from their employers
- Coaching versus mentoring
- Determining whether to use internal or external resources
- Helping managers take control of their learning
- Creating a management training strategy
- Measuring the effectiveness of your program
- Avoiding common management development mistakes