Learn the fundamentals of resource management, and discover how to plan your resource requirements for a number of projects all competing for the same resources.
- I'm actually really excited about recording this course for you even though most of my friends are laughing at me about it. Managing resources across project teams sounds pretty obscure, doesn't it? But that's exactly the point. I don't think anyone else has done it before. In every organization, it's resources that are the problem with their projects, especially when you've got lots of projects all going on at the same time. But I don't think anyone has got any decent answers on how to plan such a difficult problem until now.
I'm Chris Croft and I've been running project management training courses for 20 years now. And before that, I ran manufacturing projects myself. And during this time, I've slowly worked out how to plan projects in the best way, including this tricky area of sharing resources between projects. And this course contains all my answers clearly and simply described. We will be looking at what program management is, how to prioritize your projects, how to use a Gantt of Gantts to see the big picture easily.
Concepts like planning using bottleneck resources and starting with the projects that can't be moved. The cube of projects, resources, and time and how to plan it. How to get the people you want for your projects using a bit of influencing and negotiating. And we'll even have a quick look at self-organizing teams. I think this course contains ideas and methods that are unique in the world, so I'm really proud of it and I hope you love it as much as I do.
So let's get started.
- What is program management?
- Planning from the bottom up vs. top down
- Resource planning
- Managing projects, resources, and time
- Getting the staff you need
- Self-organizing teams