Learn how to establish the right metrics to effectively measure customer service efforts.
- Hi, my name is Brad Cleveland. I'm an author, speaker, and consultant focused on customer experience. And I want to thank you for finding your way to this course. This topic of service metrics is so important. Given all the change in customer expectations and services, how is it that some organizations seem to consistently get so many things right? Their employees are engaged. Their services are easy to understand and use. They produce great returns. Yet so many other organizations struggle.
What's the difference? Well, there are probably many parts to the answer, but something I see without fail in successful organizations is that they've established effective customer service metrics. There's clarity of focus across the organization. They can see not only what's happened, but they get a pretty good read on where things are going and where improvements are needed. I've had the opportunity to provide training or consulting to more than 70% of the organizations that currently lead their sectors in customer satisfaction.
And it's been a privilege to see the effort they put in to establishing the right service metrics and the positive returns they've reaped. I've also learned there's no cookie cutter approach, but there are some common principles and practices that work in organizations that are getting great results. The course is divided into five chapters. In the first, we'll cover some important principles of establishing service metrics, as well as some common pitfalls to avoid. In the second, we'll identify the essential measures for customer service and discuss available alternatives and supporting metrics that might make sense for you in key areas.
In the third chapter, we'll examine metrics for individuals. What should we be looking at and striving to improve for those delivering service? In the fourth chapter, we'll take a deeper look at ways to use metrics, enabling positive changes to products and services and processes. In the last chapter, I'll cover some recommendations for putting the contents of course to work. Thank you again for your time and for the opportunity to explore this topic with you.
This course covers, in a step-by-step fashion, why metrics are important, which metrics matter the most, how to interpret results, and examples of how successful organizations leverage metrics to improve decisions and performance. Whether your service operation includes face-to-face services, contact centers, social media, self-service, or any combination, this course provides practical know-how, real-life examples, and guidance for implementing and using the right metrics and establishing meaningful goals.
- Identifying customer expectations
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Essential metrics for the service operation
- Identifying alternatives for measuring engagement
- Engaging support that drives the right behaviors
- Key areas of focus for individuals
- Assessing service interactions
- Calibration and coaching
- Clarifying responsibilities