Learn how to start a consulting business or improve the performance of your existing firm so you can optimize the time and effort you invest and achieve better results.
- Have you ever thought about starting your own consulting firm but you didn't know where to begin? Do you currently run a consulting firm and want to improve its performance? I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director at thoughtLEADERS. I've worked at a major consulting firm where I served global clients on their most critical issues. I also started my own consulting firm 14 years ago and have built it into a leading provider of training services. For this course, I've taken all those experiences and turned them into this comprehensive guide for building a great consulting firm.
I'll cover setting up your firm, marketing and selling your services, pricing your work, negotiating with clients, protecting your intellectual property, structuring consulting engagements, managing legal issues, and mitigating the many risks you'll face. If you have a thorough understanding of all these issues, you can build a thriving consulting firm that you'll enjoy leading every day. So let's explore how you can launch your new firm or strengthen the one you're already running.
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.