Discover how to design, prepare for, and facilitate a successful workshop.
- Every day, around the world, thousands of people are sitting in workshops and those people are counting on a skilled workshop facilitator to lead them on a journey of learning and improvement. Workshops can cover a wide range of topics in professional development and personal growth and can be one hour to several days in length. Whether you're new to workshop facilitation or have lots of experience, leveraging best practices and strategies, will help you successfully facilitate workshops and support others in achieving their important goals.
I'm Dr. Britt Andreatta, for over 20 years, I've lead thousands of workshops on all kinds of topis, so I know first hand how challenging and rewarding workshop facilitation can be. In addition, I research the science of success and have authored several publications on bringing out the best in people and organizations. To get started, I'll walk you through what makes a workshop facilitators role so important. We'll also look at the wide range of workshop types that exist and ways to support adult learners.
Next, I'll show you critical elements to focus on, as you prepare for your workshop, including assessing your participants, and ensuring all of the tactical elements run smoothly. Then, I'll give you my favorite tips and strategies for facilitating the actual event, ensuring that your participants have a successful experience. And finally, I'll show you how to close your workshop and leverage extended learning to help your participants maintain success long after the workshop is over. I've created worksheets for you to use as you prepare to facilitate your workshops, these documents have been provided for all subscribers in the exercise files tab.
I recommend that you download these exercise files before you begin. I'm very excited to share with you the joys of one my absolutely favorite things to do, facilitate people as they learn and grow. In this course I'll share my best tips and tools for making it all go smoothly, so you can succeed each time you step up to lead. Let's get started.
- Facilitating adult learners
- Best practices in workshop design
- Understanding your participants
- Designing the right activities
- Preparing the logistics
- Facilitating the workshop
- Keeping things on track
- Increasing participation and collaboration
- Solving unexpected problems
- Dealing with challenging dynamics
- Creating closure