A recruiter can be a great resource to find a job and get your resume in front of the right person. Learn how to identify, set expectations, and successfully work with a recruiter.
- No matter how big your professional network is, a recruiter's is bigger. There is a tremendous need for talent in today's competitive job market, but sometimes you need help getting in front of the right person. How do you prevent your resume from being put in a stack of hundreds of other resumes? Recruiters are a great resource to find a job and often know about jobs that are confidential or not yet posted or advertised. But how do you identify a recruiter that can best advance your career? My name is Barb Bruno, and I've been in the recruiting profession for over 25 years and have placed more than 10,000 people in jobs.
I've trained thousands of recruiters and recruiting firm owners how to better serve their candidates and fill more of the requisitions they write. In this course I'm going to help you learn how to qualify a recruiter, set expectations, ask the best questions, and understand the benefits and challenges of working with a recruiter. You'll learn how to proactively seek out the best recruiters and how to stand out with both corporate as well as third-party recruiters.
And we'll discuss how to develop rapport and trust, whether you should consider working as a contractor, and realistic long-term expectations. Recruiters are not all created equal, but if you want to know how to find and work with the best, this course was written for you. Let's get started.
- Qualifying your recruiter
- Setting realistic expectations
- Working with corporate and third-party recruiters
- Getting recommendations
- Sending referrals
- Signing a contract with a recruiter