Learn how to effectively manage your sales channels. Explore the sales channel landscape and the variables that impact success, and discover how to map out a profitable and effective plan.
- As your business grows and the opportunities for your product or service increases, it becomes very exciting to expand into more distribution channels. The effective management of your sales channels is something that requires a lot of careful thought. My name is Dean Karrel, and I've been in sales for over 30 years. And during the course of my career, I've managed sales team that have covered so many different sales channels. I've experienced the thrill of seeing when so many pieces of the puzzles are well-aligned and sales opportunities are fully maximized.
However, I've also been there when the business shifted and resources had to be realigned to where the revenue achievement was more cost effective. In this course, we're going to cover everything from surveying the marketplace to specific channel and investment decision making. Sales channel management can be a bit pressure filled, as it requires careful analysis, sales strategies in sync with specific segments of the business, and ongoing quick decision making to ensure resources and staff are being allocated appropriately.
However, when everything is well-tuned, it's so exciting because you're maximizing all sales opportunities. So, thank you for taking this course, and let's get started.
- Surveying the marketplace
- Reviewing channels
- Managing channels and investments
- Developing a go forward plan
- Working with other departments and teams
- Handling channel conflict
- Forecasting sales
- Creating a channel marketing structure