Learn the skills necessary to manage a remote field sales organization.
- You've taken management classes, read books, and maybe even taken courses right here in the library. As a sales manager, you've likely gone through a variety of training programs, and now you've become a field sales manager. It's an exciting and rewarding position, but at the same time, very challenging. You're handling the requirements of the company you work for while working diligently to support your sales team based remotely. It's a balancing act that takes skill and training to master.
My name is Dean Karrel, and I have been in sales for more than 30 years. As a field sales manager, I experienced first hand some of the obstacles you'll face, but also the excitement when a team of field sales professionals is working at full efficiency. In this course, we're going to cover what I feel are the key aspects and common challenges of leading a field sales organization. We'll look at the coaching you'll be doing, the communication required when interacting with other departments of your company, and examine the critical importance of the financials, along with evaluating your team's performance.
So thank you for joining me, and let's get started!
In this course, follow sales coach Dean Karrel as he explains what's unique about training, managing, and leading field salespeople. He covers topics such as the importance of giving field salespeople their independence, communicating remotely, the challenges of CRM, the need for travel, guiding your team through tough times, and managing performance from a distance.
- Understanding the role of a manager
- Managing up and managing down
- Leading those in the field
- Empowering your salespeople
- Managing meetings and check-ins
- Guiding your team through tough market conditions