Discover how to create and manage effective sales forecasts. Learn why forecasting is critical, and how to use qualitative and quantitative methods to project sales.
- Sales forecasting is an essential activity for almost any business because it impacts everything: your company, your customers, and your business partners. Without a forecast of potential sales your flying blind, so to speak. And your business will just meander, day in and day out. As a result you're losing the potential to run a great business, big or small. I'm Drew Boyd and I've been in the marketing and sales profession for over 30 years.
I teach sales and marketing management to graduate students and I help companies improve their commercial effectiveness. Whether you have an existing sales forecasting process or you're starting from scratch to create a new one this course teaches you a step by step systematic process for creating and managing an effective sales forecast. You'll learn how to create the right processes, select the right techniques, and use relevant quantitative, and qualitative data to create the most accurate sales forecast possible.
Sales forecasting is a skill you can use in just about any part of your business. Understanding this skill will make you more valuable no matter what job you're in today. Through the concepts I'll share with you in this course you'll begin to develop the skills to become an outstanding forecaster.
- Understanding the sales forecasting process
- Defining your market category
- Understanding market dynamics
- Selecting a forecasting technique
- Using quantitative forecasting
- Understand moving averages
- Using qualitative forecasting
- Using estimates from customers, sales reps, and distributors
- Using a panel of experts