Learn how to implement a diversity recruiting program in your organization, attracting top talent by becoming a proactive advocate.
- Hi, I'm Stacy Gordon, and I'm a human capital consultant with recruiting expertise who specializes in diversity and inclusion. I spent years working in Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations where I focused on issues related to a lack of diversity. One of the reasons I'm excited to be discussing diversity in recruiting is simply because we're talking about the topic at all. Often, discussions about race, gender, pay equity and discrimination are to be avoided in the work place, but not today, and I'm hoping that if you stick with this course, by the end, you'll be just as excited as I am about how this topic can enhance your candidate pipeline.
What is diversity? According to Merriam Webster, it's the quality or state of having many different forms, types, ideas, et cetera or the state of having people who are different races or who have different cultures in a group or organization. Therefore, diversity recruiting is the act of recruiting diverse individuals into a group, organization, or a company. Discussions about diversity have the potential to pull you outside of your comfort zone while making you think.
So my goal is to lessen the discomfort, open a dialogue, and help you make different choices throughout the recruiting process, while providing you with tools to enhance the diversity of the global workforce, one hire at a time.
- Crafting better job descriptions
- Sourcing for diversity
- Impartial interview techniques
- Avoiding common recruiting mistakes
- Following up on candidates
- Reviewing and improving your recruitment process
- Identifying what isn't working
- Attracting candidates using social media
- Updating your company website
- Becoming an employer of choice