Join LinkedIn Influencer Fred Kofman as he explains why we sometimes fail to fulfill commitments, and how to take steps to ensure that this pattern doesn't continue.
- Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye and fail to notice the beam in your own eye? We've all experienced people breaking commitments to us, and it's painful, so we notice very clearly when they act without integrity. But are we equally aware when we break our commitments and we create pain for the people around us? It's illogical to think that everybody does it to us, and we don't do it to anyone, because they also think the same.
They think that everybody does it to them, and then they don't do it to anyone, including us. We all have this temptation to notice the speck in our brother's eyes, but fail to notice the beam of lack of integrity in our own. We're going to talk about how to fix that. First we'll become painfully aware of how we fail to fulfill commitments and we make unconscious commitments, and then we'll make sure that never happens again, so we live with integrity, and we stop creating suffering around us.
- Explore the questions you should ask yourself before making a commitment.
- Identify when to report a commitment at risk.
- Recognize how to make an effective apology.
- Examine ways to build trust.
- Define the meaning of integrity in business.