Award-winning recruiter and trainer Barbara Bruno outlines the fundamentals and best practices of recruiting for both internal and external recruiters.
- I'm asked all the time why I entered the recruiting profession and what I realized is one great hire can change a direction of an entire company and guess who makes that happen? You and I. The recruiter. The recruiting profession is relevant because we impact the success of companies and the advancement of the candidates that we represent. My name is Barb Bruno. I've been in this amazing profession for 25 years and I've had the privilege of placing over 10,000 people in jobs. I train to help recruiters become more successful and I'm excited about this course which shares the fundamentals of recruiting and this includes techniques that are going to help you better serve your hiring authorities, strategies to better serve your candidates and will share some proven methods that will help you negotiate and close in today's really competitive job market.
Finally, I'm going to show you how to effectively follow up, which, of course, enhances retention and that is the greatest problem faced by all employers today. If you love to help people change lives, help companies reach their goals, then recruiting is the right profession. The techniques in this course will help make you a better recruiter.
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics