Agile expert Doug Rose explores the strengths and weaknesses of different agile software tools, including Excel, JIRA, Team Foundation Server, VersionOne, Agile Central, and Agility Health.
- Part of the Agile mindset is encouraging individuals and interactions over processes and tools. So, right from the beginning, your Agile team is going to have a very different way of looking at their tool set. Due to the increasing popularity of Agile, there are many new software products. They've been grouped into the types so that you can see samples of how each tool wants to improve your delivery. We'll start the course by seeing how to use a simple spreadsheet editor, like Microsoft Excel. Next, we'll see product management packages, such as VersionOne.
These packages offer an increased feature set and with it, increased complexity. We'll also go over how to use Agile plugins for tools, such as JIRA, to leverage your team's existing development environment. Finally, we'll see how a new breed of software tools are designed to scale and help you see the health of your Agile teams. This course is more than just a survey of the different features you can buy with off-the-shelf software. You'll see how each tool fits into a specific need for your Agile team.
Remember, these tools should always help and not hurt your lightweight product delivery. So, let's get started with Comparing Agile Software Tools.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.