Win the war for talent by bringing the best and brightest to work for your organization. Learn how to identify, attract, and retain high potential employees.
- I'm sure you have employees in your organization who you consider superstars. Those who consistently outperform others and achieve great results. Well, you may be surprised to learn that these high performers are not necessarily your high potential employees. In fact, only three to five percent of them are. Sure, your high potentials will exceed expectations, but on top of that, they'll also have the unique qualities it takes to become your future leaders.
Hi, I'm Katy Sharon. I've been a business leader and consultant for over 20 years. I've worked with leading companies from startups to large global organizations, and I hear the same thing from each of them. We need to do a better job figuring out who our high potentials are, and how to develop them into great leaders. We spend so much money hiring people outside the company when we know we have employees who could step into these roles if we had prepared them better.
Sound familiar? In this course, I'll start by helping you understand who a high potential employee is, and what makes them crucial to your business. I'll also walk you through how to attract and hire them, how to identify high potentials within your organization, and how to develop and retain them. My hope is by the time you've completed this course, you'll have practical strategies to implement to help you uncover your high potential employees and give them what they need to have a significant impact on your bottom line.
- Summarize techniques to create interest in a high-potential candidate during an employment interview.
- Review the components of a quality onboarding process.
- Identify the steps involved in succession planning.
- Explain development modalities used with high-potentials.
- Recognize types of feedback received during a retention conversation.