Learn how to build an effective, efficient team from the ground up.
- So you've been selected to lead a team, congratulations. Or is your reaction more like, oh no, I've been selected to lead a team, what am I supposed to do? Well in this course, you'll learn how to build an effective and efficient team from the ground up. By starting with a strong foundation, you'll be able to weather the inevitable challenges that so many teams face. Hi, I'm Izzy Gesell, a group facilitator. And over the last 20 years, I've worked with teams and their leaders to help them reach their potential.
We'll start with you as the leader and what you need to do to prepare to lead your team. Next, we'll examine the four stages of development that almost all teams go through. Along the way, we'll look at different types of teams. And I'll offer advice on how to lead each of them. We'll also focus on making your teams more productive and engaged through effective meetings, realistic goals, and shared responsibilities. So let's start the process of building your team.
- Identify the keys to success as a team leader.
- Explore management interactions commonly needed during the four team development stages.
- Recall the meaning of continuous improvement and what drives the process.
- Review the do's and don't of creating a team mission statement.
- Review how to use roles effectively during team meetings.
- Explore how to best use consensus strategies like thumbs up/down/sideways.