Learn how to build an effective, efficient team from the ground up.
- So you've been selected to lead a team, congratulations. Or is your reaction more like, oh no, I've been selected to lead a team, what am I supposed to do? Well in this course, you'll learn how to build an effective and efficient team from the ground up. By starting with a strong foundation, you'll be able to weather the inevitable challenges that so many teams face. Hi, I'm Izzy Gesell, a group facilitator. And over the last 20 years, I've worked with teams and their leaders to help them reach their potential.
We'll start with you as the leader and what you need to do to prepare to lead your team. Next, we'll examine the four stages of development that almost all teams go through. Along the way, we'll look at different types of teams. And I'll offer advice on how to lead each of them. We'll also focus on making your teams more productive and engaged through effective meetings, realistic goals, and shared responsibilities. So let's start the process of building your team.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your leadership style
- Assessing your leadership readiness
- Understanding the stages of team development
- Working with different types of teams
- Establishing team mission and goals
- Evaluating team performance
- Managing a successful team meeting
- Creating a team action plan