Without knowing when and how to take risks, organizations can lose market share and relevance. Learn how to cultivate risk-taking in your team, your organization, and your career.
- In the world of business, the term risk has been held hostage in the world of corporate finance. It seems that if you take risks, it gives the impression that you're the maverick going rogue. Someone who is upstaging or even defying authority. But to me, taking risks is simply the difference between the possibility of living an extraordinary life versus an ordinary one. So why is it? Why don't the majority of leaders take risks? And the answer's quite simple.
Because it feels unsafe. And security, for most people, is more important than anything else. Hi, my name is Deborah Perry Piscione and I'm the author of The Risk Factor. And through my company, Vorto Consulting, I work with organizations to talk about how risk taking can enable innovation. So who is this course for? It's for those of you who have desired to plant new seeds. And for those who crave exploration of their organization's open spaces.
It's also for those leaders who want to stand up for what is right, even if the personal and professional cost is seemingly devastating. Finally, it's for those who are looking to act on their inner voice, who wish to blaze a new path, redefine the rules, and even change the world for the greater good.
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership