Learn to choose how you respond to difficult circumstances, and take back the control you need to make positive changes in your work and life.
- Do you ever feel at the mercy of external circumstances? Do you feel like things are out of control and there's nothing you can do to make them better? Welcome to the club. Many of us feel like that a lot of the time. It's natural, but it doesn't have to be. There's a different way. Hi. I'm Fred Kofman. I've been coaching executives for 20 years and in all this time, I have found that there's a simple change that can make the biggest difference.
It's an easy idea to grasp, but a very difficult idea to put in practice. And it's the idea that, no matter what happens outside, you have the power to respond. You don't have to be a victim. You are subject to forces outside of your control. But that's not the end of the story. There are a lot of things that are under your control that you can do to respond to this. In this course, we're going to learn step-by-step how to do it.
I invite you to join me in this journey from a victim to a hero.
- Explore how claiming innocence can take away your power to enact change.
- Recall what "response-ability" means and how it relates to the victim mentality.
- Identify the factors that differentiate a victim from a player.
- Recognize the attributes of a hero.
- Examine methods that can help you empower others.