Learn how to segment your customers so you can create targeted marketing messages.
- Did you know that about 19% of U.S. taxpayers make $100,000 or more per year? If you are trying to find those customers, wouldn't it be great to know where they lived? What products they buy, and how they make purchase decisions? That's what customer segmentation is all about. Figuring out who your customers are, and how to segment them. Regardless of what business you're in, or what your organization does, understanding who your customer is, and how they behave, is important. Customer segmentation is all about dividing customers into clearly defined groups so you can better target them with your marketing and sales messages.
My name is Doug Ladd, and I'm glad you're engaging in this course with me. I've been teaching, writing, working for, and consulting with companies all over the world for more than 25 years. I'll take you through different methods of customer segmentation, such as geography, demographics, such as age, gender, income, culture, behaviors, usage rates, and psychographics, or how they think. I'll also share how you can build customer personas that will help your organization develop a common language about the insights you have on your customer targets.
There are tools and exercise files you can download to put to work immediately. I think you're going to enjoy this journey. You may even learn a little about how companies look at you. So, let's get started.
- Segmenting by location
- Segmenting by demographics
- Segmenting by usage or other behavior
- Why segmenting is important
- Creating and using customer personas