Businesses must grow to survive and thrive. Learn how to identify and capitalize on growth opportunities in your industry.
- The moment you launch a company or a new product within an existing company, you start facing two big questions. How do you compete successfully and survive? And, how do you grow from a seedling to become a towering giant? My name is Anil Gupta. I'm a Professor of Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Globalization at the University of Maryland. For the last 25 years, I have researched hundreds of companies and consulted with companies all over the world, helping them develop and rethink their strategies to compete, to grow, and to grow global.
In this course, I want to share with you the key ideas for designing growth strategies. I start by helping you understand how you could identify potentially promising directions for growth, speedily and logically. I then discuss how you should assess the various options and select the one or two most promising ones that should be pursued now. Next, I discuss how you would decide whether to go alone, build a strategic alliance, or make an acquisition in order to fill the missing capability gaps for the new growth avenues.
I close by discussing what it takes to build the right organization and leadership train to drive growth. Come, join me on this fascinating journey.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the problems a company may encounter if it does not achieve growth.
- Identify high-potential opportunities for growth.
- Identify new customers for existing products.
- Use assessment screens to choose the best opportunity.
- Evaluate partnerships and acquisitions as mechanisms to fuel growth.
- Break down the components of an effective and growth-minded leadership team.