Bring the power of humor into your workplace to help collaboration and drive results.
- Hi, I'm Izzy Gesell, and welcome to Humor in the Workplace. In this course, you'll begin to develop an understanding of how humor works and its role in the workplace. At its foundation, humor is more than just telling jokes or having fun. It's a way of looking at and relating to the world and to other people. Humor boosts morale, facilitates communication, stimulates creativity, and helps manage stress. We'll start by examining why people laugh by exploring four theories, surprise, biological, superiority, and psychoanalytical.
Then we'll see how humor can be more than just entertainment, how it can function as a shield, weapon, bridge, or spotlight. We'll also learn how humor can strengthen mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of our lives. I'll then give you practical tips, tactics, and strategies that will aid you in strengthening the cognitive skill that is your sense of humor.
- Understanding why we laugh
- Using humor as a weapon or connection
- Shifting perspectives through humor
- Releasing tension with humor
- Expanding your humor skill set