Learn how to identify the operations systems in your workplace and use operations management tools and concepts to improve outcomes, efficiency, and innovation.
- When companies want to produce higher quality goods in greater amounts, when they want to produce better customer experiences, when they want to find ways to make things faster and with fewer resources, they need to utilize operations management concepts and tools. Hi there, my name is Eddie Davila and over the last 15 plus years I've taught operations management and supply chain management to over 20,000 students in university classrooms. I've also worked with a number of global organizations in the field of operations and supply chain management.
Plus, I've introduced over a million people to the world of supply chain management on YouTube. In this course, we'll explore the fundamentals of operations management, we'll define operations management and discover its goals, we'll look at ways companies can better manage their materials, their processes, as well as their customers while they produce quality goods and services, we'll define quality as well as look at the ways companies control and improve it and throughout the course you'll see that no matter if you work in a factory, a warehouse, a retail store, or even a professional office setting, the lessons of operations management can be used to improve outcomes, efficiency, and also keep your company in an innovative mindset.
So welcome and let's start discovering ways to improve your company's operations.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes