Explore common math problems in ways that relate to everyday life: calculating tips and taxes, comparing prices, figuring out volume and area, and even counting calories.
- Hello, my name is Vince Kotchian. And welcome to everyday math fundamentals. There are many uses for math that most of us encounter on a day to day basis. With a few basic skills, you can use math to make your life a little bit easier. This course will begin by teaching you the building blocks of math. By explaining how to use concepts like fractions, decimals and percents. Among other basic concepts. After I explain each concept, I'll guide you through a real life example where you can apply your knowledge. Once we finish learning math concepts, I'll show you more everyday examples where you can apply your skills.
I separate these into shopping and cooking math. Health and fitness math. Home improvement math. Finance math, and probability math. I've been helping people learn math skills for more than eight years. And after you're done with this course, I hope math becomes easier for you too. Let's get started.
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability