Get to know customers at a deeper level—not as stats but as people—with marketing research. Learn about the methods, approaches, and process of conducting market research.
- Hi, my name is Cheryl Ladd and in this course, I wanna share with you several approaches to Market Research that can help you get to know your customer's at a deeper level. We'll talk about the overall process and how to select the right approach for a given situation. This intimate knowledge is what can make the difference between a true innovation and simply a new product. It's the difference between thinking of your customer as females, aged 30 to 45 who have children and buy a certain toothpaste and knowing your customer, as Mary, full-time mom, part-time teacher, whose bed-time routine with three young boys resembles a circus and toothpaste becomes finger-paint and ammunition.
This is what Market Research is all about. Getting to know your customer. Walking in their shoes, and understanding their wants and needs. Let's get started.
The course also explores how marketing research evolves throughout a product lifecycle and identifies possible stumbling blocks and ethical considerations when performing market research.
- Understanding market search
- Determining the research approach
- Understanding the types of research: qualitative to quantitative
- Developing questions
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data
- Preparing reports
- Identifying potential issues in marketing research