Management consultant Chris Croft reveals twelve simple project-management techniques that any manager can use to save time and drive greater value from projects across the organization.
- Welcome to this course on Project Management Simplified. I'm Chris Croft, and I'm going to be talking you through my 12-step process for planning and executing successful projects. The thing about Project Management is that it can become really complicated if you let it, and what's great about this course is that I've simplified Project Management down to a 12-step process. And these steps include things like, how do you make sure you've listed all the tasks, how do you estimate tasks correctly, then there's Gantt charts which I love and I'll be telling you why later on in the course. And then I'll cover things like how to monitor the progress of your project, how to make sure that you're on budget, and what to do if you're not. So, this course covers everything you need to know to be able to plan, and then run, a successful project, either small or large. You'll find this course really practical and useful, and possibly even fun.
So, let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define the project scope.
- Identify how to list tasks.
- Estimate costs and time.
- Assess how to plan for risk.
- Determine how to stay on budget.