Discover how to accelerate your team's performance.
- Have you always wanted to build and be a member of a high-performing team, but you're not quite sure where to start? Hi, I'm Mike Figliuolo and I've been fortunate enough to have lead and also have been a member of high-performing teams over the course of my career. And I've learned that there are seven components to building and running a high-performing team. In this course, I'll cover setting direction. Where are you taking the team? What's the vision? What's the mission? Next, gathering and deploying the right resources.
After you've gathered those resources, how do you assemble that team? What's the culture? What's the mix of people? And how do you get them working effectively with one another? After you've built that team, how do you allocate work and prioritize your efforts so you're focusing on the things that are the most important to the organization? And, as that team is operating, how are you going to continue to motivate your people, inspire them, and build their capabilities? So, let's get started with building high-performing teams.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Create a compelling vision and mission for your team.
- List the steps to conduct strategic planning activities.
- Identify the resources teams need to succeed.
- Determine the skills leaders need to look for when recruiting high performance teams.
- Explain how to create stretch opportunities for employees.
- Describe the primary components of conflict resolution.
- Build bench strength and succession plans.