Bootstrap your business. Learn how to launch, manage, grow, and exit a business without taking on significant outside funding.
(xylophone music) - Hi, I'm Rudolph Rosenberg, and welcome to Bootstrapping Your Business. Bootstrapping is all about being efficient and strategic with your money, so your business can be primarily self-funded. In this course we'll talk about how to manage your spending, we'll look at significant costs to your business and how to keep them under control. We'll look at generating revenue by attracting and retaining customers.
Then we'll talk about managing your business to determine if you're on the right track as you make business decisions. We'll go over ways to acquire the competencies you need, which may mean working with other professionals or hiring employees. Finally, we'll talk about work-life balance and how to make sure you keep some boundaries between your personal life and work. While this course is primarily directed to entrepreneurs and startups, bootstrapping techniques can be very beneficial to companies at any size.
Now let's get started with Bootstrapping Your Business.
He shows why beginning with the end is important: framing the venture by anticipating your exit strategy. He explores key resource-planning factors as well as the competencies and considerations required to fund and grow a bootstrapped business. The course then details how to manage the startup and evaluate it realistically to determine whether to stay the course or pull the plug. Finally, viewers will learn how to validate the business-plan assumptions effectively to determine viability and growth trajectory.
- Summarize the five pillars of bootstrapping.
- Determine which type of office space would be most beneficial for a given business.
- Explain the concept of linearizing expenditures.
- Identify the reason why making sales quickly is important to bootstrapping.
- Recall strategies for attracting new customers.
- Recognize the advantages of working in short cycles.
- Explain the importance of having a work-life balance.