Discover the basics of becoming an entrepreneur and running your own business.
(upbeat music) - Nearly everyday, I meet someone who wants to start a business, or who has already started a business, but isn't sure what to do next. These individuals dream of doing something grand. They dream of becoming successful entrepreneurs. I'm here today to help you realize this dream. My name is Whitney Johnson. I've been in the trenches as an investor and entrepreneur for over 20 years. I want to share with you what I have learned about starting and building a business.
From finding your big idea to picking co-founders to marketing, to scaling and funding your business. This course is about providing you with the fundamentals of entrepreneurship. Let's get started.
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.