Learn how to plan, manage, and execute project procurements, and explore procurement contracts and market-testing strategies.
- Hi, I'm Bob McGannon, and this is Managing Project Procurement. This course covers the processes and techniques you need to effectively plan, execute and manage procurement exercises as part of your project. We'll start by examining procurement fundamentals including the most common reasons and approaches for procuring products as part of your project. Next, I will describe common contract structures that you can use to document your procurement agreements including the support that follows the sale.
Lastly, I will present techniques for market testing including the request for information, request for quote and request for proposal procurement tools. In today's business world, projects are becoming more complex and the organizations we work in cannot deliver projects without assistance from partners and vendors. I will introduce you to the best ways you can investigate engage and work with these vendors and partners in managing project procurement.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project procurement?
- Should you buy or build?
- Putting procurement tasks in your schedule
- Understanding contract types
- Ensuring flexibility with the statement of work
- Exploring payment scheduling options
- Testing your market
- Using RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Overcoming challenges