Learn to safely, positively, and systematically manage the termination process.
- There are few things in life as difficult as deciding to fire someone and then actually letting them go. Given all of the emotions involved, it's pretty easy to be hasty or to make some type of misstep while separating the employee from the organization. That's why you've got to be prepared to handle your emotions, to deal with their emotions and behaviors, and have great confidence that you know the process to follow. In this course, we're going to make sure you know exactly how to approach letting someone go. I'll discuss everything from intervening early on and what it means to document performance correctly, to effectively engaging performance discussions, all the way to initiating the progressive steps that sometimes end in letting the employee go.
They say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Your team is similar. It's true that you should be thoughtful in trying to develop and improve underperforming employees. It's also true that at some point, you have to stop making that investment, and instead, begin the process of letting them go. I'll show you how to do this with confidence and respect. Let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing legal issues
- Knowing when termination is appropriate
- Documenting performance problems
- Selecting the right time and place
- Delivering the news
- Telling the rest of the team<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.