Learn how to perform business analysis for company projects.
- Every project, from the smallest house being built down the street to the most complex IT system, needs someone who can help them turn the ideas of those projects into reality. This is the role of the Business Analyst, breaking down the ideas, needs and requirements into smaller pieces that can come together to create the big picture. Business Analysts do this by identifying organizational needs, then gathering, managing and verifying information, to create solutions for business problems.
I'm Haydn Thomas, and I've been working as a Project professional for over 20 years. I travel the world consulting, educating and sharing my passion of enhancing organizational capabilities. In this course, I'll share with you the overview of what Business Analysis is and the role and mindset of Business Analysts. I'll then share the tools and techniques used throughout the life of a project and talk about gathering of information to create requirements. Finally, I'll share about verification and testing and how this all comes together to deliver the big picture.
Being a great Business Analyst is about helping your organization make better and more informed decisions. So let's get started with Business Analysis Fundamentals.
Discover where business analysis lives in the project life cycle, how to initiate a project, the best way to gather requirements, and smart strategies to monitor results and test outcomes.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding what business analysts do
- Defining business opportunities and objectives
- Identifying stakeholders
- Gathering requirements through observation and brainstorming
- Validating requirements
- Developing project acceptance criteria
- Implementing, testing, and closing your project<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.