Discover successful, repeatable scripts to use when employee difficulties arise.
- Managing a team effectively isn't just about good staffing and then motivating your all stars. Over time, your best efforts aside, you will face challenging employees. I'm referring to employees who cause unneeded stress at work, whether it's due to low quality performance or personality problems. Very often at work when people see difficult employees, they just avoid them. As the leader, you can't do that. It's your job to stop any damage they're creating and to help them improve as professionals. Think of it this way, most of your team, most of the time, will function effectively.
And your job is to protect them from dynamics that can hurt morale and productivity. Nothing threatens morale and productivity faster than having a member of the team performing or acting inappropriately. In this course I'm gonna not only identify several types of challenging employees you might encounter, but also offer a simple model you can use to more systemically think about how to successfully interact with them. Challenging employees happen, but they don't have to endure. Start learning how to deal with them now.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining the appropriate intervention
- Defusing charged conversations
- Refocusing slackers
- Getting employees to show up on time
- Redirecting habitual complainers
- Engaging employees that always resist change
- Standing up to bullies
- Encouraging employees that can't handle feedback
- Helping people with personal problems
- Dealing with gossips
- Knowing when to say goodbye to an employee<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.