Learn how to build, manage, and monitor your project budgets.
- Hi, I'm Bob McGannon and this is managing project budgets. This course provides hints and tips for managing the variety of costs that you need to manage while delivering the products of your project. As project managers, we need to focus on project estimations and actual charges against those estimates. Costs for one of the three major constraints project managers must handle. Getting it wrong, can cause you to fail to provide the promised value to your business. If not, cause your project to be scrapped all together.
We will start by examining the fundamentals of building your project budget. Using traditional project management products. Such as your work breakdown structure and your project schedule. We will talk about various stages of project estimates and various estimation techniques you can deploy to build your budget. Next, I will describe some easy to use reports to track status against your projected budget. We'll then explore how to recover your budget from overruns and how you can examine scope changes on your project.
To address more significant budgetary issues. Lastly, we will discuss using your plan budget and actual cost data to allow to apply foresight to your project direction. I look forward to introducing you to these tools, techniques, and ability to apply foresight to your project. In managing project budgets.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Discovering costing standards
- Examining capital and operating costs
- Assigning costs to resources
- Communicating your budget
- Recovering a bloated budget
- Addressing budgeting issues<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.