Learn how to motivate your team and retain their valuable contributions over time.
- View Offline
- Putting together a great team takes time and skill, but even when you've assembled the right players, as the leader, your job is just begun. Now, you've got to figure out what it means to create motivated and engaged employees. I'm not talking about merely satisfied employees. You can be satisfied but not productive. To be engaged means to be interested and committed, both to the work and the organization. In this course, we'll talk about assessing engagement, building engagement, as well as how to look for signs of disengagement.
We'll breakdown engagement into three memorable and actionable categories, great relationships, strong culture, and clear opportunity. We'll talk about how trust, emotional intelligence, fairness and autonomy build great relationships. We'll address elements of a great work culture, including transparency, modeling, and the proper use of rewards. Finally, we'll address how to provide opportunity by using tactics such as career planning, coaching and training.
Great employees are terrific. The only thing better is great employees who are fully motivated and engaged.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing employee engagement
- Providing autonomy
- Building a transparent culture
- Modeling desired behavior
- Using monetary and nonmonetary motivators
- Fostering accountability
- Developing career paths for employees<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.