Help your organization embrace change and make sure new initiatives are successful.
- I'm Dr. Britt Andreatta and I'm pleased to welcome you to this course on leading organizational change. I spent my professional career consulting and training on leadership and management. Did you know that 70% of change initiatives fail? Isn't that astonishing? Think about the impact that has across every industry and market. These failures are largely due to ineffective leadership. The people in charge of designing and/or implementing a change did not take into account key factors that ultimately undermine their success.
Unlike leading innovation, leading a change initiative is challenging because you're asking people to do something that they didn't initiate. The ability to help people embrace change is crucial to your success as a leader. Whether you're about to lead your organization through a major change process, or you're a leader implementing a change that's already been designed, you'll gain valuable insights that will increase your effectiveness in leading change. Knowing how to lead change is not only important, but imperative. So, let's get started.
Along the way, the course covers techniques that will increase the likelihood of your change succeeding, such as anticipating resistance, creating a compelling vision, and using emotional intelligence to build staff consensus.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding resistance and the emotions of change
- Assessing the need for change
- Building your change team
- Evaluating solutions
- Announcing the change
- Implementing change that works<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.