Increase your emotional intelligence at work so you're better equipped to lead teams, work with peers, and manage up.
- The key to successful leadership is emotional intelligence. More than 3,000 studies on emotional intelligence have shown that it contributes to both professional and personal success, boosting your emotional quotient, or EQ, is tied to more effective leadership, entrepreneurship, career success, as well as happiness and relationship satisfaction. Who wouldn't want more of that, right? The good news is that you can raise your EQ, and that's what we're going to focus on in this course. I'm Dr. Britt Andreatta and I'm pleased to welcome you to Leading with Emotional Intelligence.
I can tell you developing your emotional intelligence will yield all kinds of great results not only for you but the teams you lead and the organization you serve. In this course I'll share with you specific tips and strategies for developing your emotional intelligence. We'll look at the two main categories of personal competence and relational competence, and we'll dive deep into the twenty competencies including self-confidence, adaptability, organizational acumen, and managing conflict just to name a few.
Do you want to gain a deeper appreciation of you strengths and unique contributions, and are you ready to become better at maximizing the potential of those you lead? Then let's get started with Leading with Emotional Intelligence.
Learn what emotional intelligence is and how it factors in at work and discover concrete techniques for raising your own emotional quotient (EQ). This includes perceiving yourself accurately, exercising emotional self-control, practicing resilience, and developing empathy. Then turn those lessons around to build your awareness of others and learn to inspire helpful communication and manage conflict.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Cultivating emotional intelligence
- Exercising emotional self-control
- Working with your triggers
- Getting to know others
- Maximizing team performance
- Building influence